In order to get repeat website traffic you can take certain steps. Here are ten tips …
1. Update the pages on your website frequently. Stagnant sites are dropped by some search engines. You can even put a date counter on the page to show when it was last updated.
2. Offer additional value on your website. For affiliates and partners you can place links to their sites and products and ask them to do the same for you. You can also advertise their books or videos, in case these products relate to your industry and are not in competition with your own product.
3. You can allow customers to ‘opt in’ to get discounts and special offers. Place a link on your website to invite customers to ‘opt in’ to get a monthly newsletter or valuable coupons.
4. Add a link to your primary page with a script ‘Bookmark or Add this site to your Favorites’.
5. Add a link ‘Recommend this site to a Friend’ so that the visitor can eMail your website link, with a prewritten title, ( … icons here on the left) “Thought you might be interested in this”, … just by clicking on it.
6. Brand your website so that visitors always know they are on your site. Use consistent colors, logos and slogans and always provide a ‘Contact Us’ link ( … here at the right side) on each page.
8. Create a FAQ page which addresses most of the doubts and clarifications about your product or your company that are likely to be asked. This helps to resolve most of the customers doubts in their first visit to your site.
9. Ensure that each page on your website has appropriate titles and keywords so that your customers can find their way back to your site if they lose the bookmark.
10. Never spam a client, who has opted for newsletters, with unsolicited emails. Later if they decide they want to ‘opt out’ of the mailings, be sure you honor their request and take them off the mailing list. They may still come back in case they like your products. Yet … they will certainly not come back when you continue to flood their eMail box with mails they no longer wish to receive.
So … that’s it … for now. Be good and have a great day.
Writers Work is the 'all in one' platform for launching a writing career. Writers can find writing jobs, get career training, advanced writing tools, an online portfolio website, and more. Our advanced document editor has 'built in' grammar and style checking with over 2000 grammar rules to improve and simplify your writing.